Designed for healthcare providers who participate in the management of patients with cardiovascular emergencies or suffer a cardiopulmonary arrest.
- Must have a medical background
- Proficiency in BLS
- Proficiency in ECG dysrhythmia recognition
- BLS concepts
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Bradycardia and tachycardia
- Acute coronary syndrome
- Effective resuscitation team dynamics
- Course is offered over two days
- Pre-course preparation
- Video-based presentation
- Skill learning stations
- Skill testing stations
- Mega-code skill testing
- Written examination
American Heart Association Certificate of Completion is issued on successful completion of the course which is valid for two years. Participants must:
- Pass the 1-rescuer CPR and AED test
- Pass the 1-rescurer bag-mask ventilation test
- Demonstrate competency in all learning station skills
- Pass the megacode test
- Pass the written test with a score of at least 84%
- AHA ACLS Provider Manual
- ACLS Pocket reference cards
- Pocket mask
Continuing Medical Education
Fifteen CME hours are awarded.
The registration deadline is one month prior to the course date.
Cost: JMD $$22,500
To qualify for re-certification;
**Expired certificate must not be older than 2 years.
** Must have a current manual