Health care professionals who need to know how to perform CPR in a variety of settings.
Must have a medical background.
- Critical concepts of high quality CPR
- AHA Chain of survival
- 1-rescuer CPR and AED for adults, infant and child
- 2-rescuer CPR for adults, infant and child
- Difference between adult, infant and child rescue technique
- Bag-mask technique for adults, infant and child
- Rescue breathing for adult, infant and child
- Relief of choking in adults, infant and child
- CPR with advanced airway
- One-day course
- Video-based presentation
- Instructor-led lectures
- Instructor-led practice
- Skill testing
- Written examination
- American Heart Association Certificate of Completion is issued on successful completion of the course. Participants must be competent in skills performed and must score a minimum of 84% in the written test. The AHA certificate is valid for two years.
AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers Text
Continuing Medical Education
Six CME hours are awarded for the BLS course
The registration deadline is two weeks prior to the course date.
Course cost: JMD $5,500
To qualify for re-certification;
**Expired certificate must not be older than 2 years.
** Must have a current manual